The Fifth Imperium
Shannon Appelcline's column, The Fifth Imperium, appears on rpg.net. We have Shannon's permission to reprint it in Freelance Traveller. Shannon introduced his first installment of the column with the following paragraph:
This column is intended to be a referee's guide to Mongoose's Traveller, the fifth incarnation of the Traveller game system. Often it'll talk about the many printed resources out there and available to the gamemaster, supplementing my own reviews on those topics, but sometimes it'll offer more specific advice for GMing the game.
- #1: Setting A Campaign: Eras of the Imperium An overview of the various times and places supported by various versions of Traveller
- #2 & #3: 76 Plotlets: Space Adventures Some "standard" plotlines for use in adventures in space.
- #4 & #5: Setting A Campaign: Sectors of the Imperium An overview of the various places that a campaign could be set
- #6 & #7: 76 Plotlets: Planetside Adventures More "standard" plotlines, for adventuring planetside.
- #8: Genre-ic Plot Seeds: The Mysterious Genres Mystery, Noir, and Espionage as plot sources
- #9: Genre-ic Plot Seeds: The Shadowed Genres Horror and Conspiracy as plot sources.
- #10: My Rules, Part One - The Mechanics of XP and Grenades Some 'house rules' for improving characters by adventuring (instead of training), and for using grenades in combat.
- #11: My Rules, Part Two - Expanded Ship Combat 1.0 House rules for getting the characters more involved in ship combat.
- #12: My Rules, Part Three - Dramatic Flourishes Encouraging role-playing rather than roll-playing.
- #13: Genre-ic Plot Seeds, Part Three: The Wacky Ones Fantasy and Supers as plot sources
- #14: Genre-ic Plot Seeds, Part Four: The Action Ones Adventures/Pulp and Westerns as plot sources
- #15: Twenty Weeks of Traveller: Publisher Lessons Learned Some insights into what makes Traveller, Traveller
- #16: Twenty Weeks of Traveller - GMing Lessons Learned Some insights into what makes Traveller work
- #17: Twenty Weeks Of Traveller, Part Three: The First Nine Plot Hooks Plot hooks and references
- #18: Twenty Weeks of Traveller, Part Four: The Other Plot Hooks More plot hooks and references\r\n
- #19: Genre-ic Plot Seeds, Part Five: The Fantastic SF Genres Space Opera, Planetary Romance, and Science Fantasy as plot sources
- #20: Genre-ic Plot Seeds, Part Six: The Scientific SF Genres Scientific Research, Cyberpunk, and Transhumanism as plot sources
- #21: Setting a Campaign: Subsectors of the Marches, Part One The eight coreward subsectors of the Spinward Marches, considered as settings
- #22: Setting a Campaign: Subsectors of the Marches, Part Two The eight rimward subsectors of the Spinward Marches, considered as settings
- #23: Aliens of the Marches: The Jonkeereen A complete minor human race for Traveller