This section contains rules for using technology, and alternatives to the standard technology of the published Traveller settings.
- Advanced Lasers: TL-D (13) Lasers for Classic Traveller (Ken Pick) Filling the gap between laser small arms and crew-served lasers
- Ansibles in Traveller (Jeff Zeitlin) A look at the idea of adding faster-than-travel communication to Traveller
- Electronic Countermeasures in Traveller (Ken Pick) An elegant system for handling electronic warfare.
- Flexible Battery Rules (Bill Cameron) A different - and potentially more effective - method of firecontrol.
- Redefining Hull Characteristics for TNE (Ian Malcomson) Some of the assumptions used in Fire, Fusion, and Steel don't match with the resulting numbers.
- High-Tech Melee Weapons (Ken Murphy) Swords need not be made of steel.
- Laser Smallarms in Classic Traveller (Ken Pick) A revised and expanded development of Traveller energy weapons.
- The Lyman Drive: An Alternative to the Standard Jump Drive (Jeff Zeitlin) An alternative set of rules for the Jump Drive that makes it a little easier - but still not easy - for players to afford to operate a ship.
- The Lyman Drive in Mongoose Traveller 2nd Edition (Alex Goodwin) Applying Mongoose Advanced Construction Rules to the Lyman alternative jump drive
- Missing Links: Filling In The Gaps In Slug-Thrower Evolution (Ken Pick) Slug-throwers to fill in the TL6-TL10 gap.
- Psionically-Active Equipment and Drugs (Ken Pick and Dave Bryant) Tools to enhance the use of psionics in a campaign.
- Stutterwarp in Traveller (Mike Kanssen) The faster-than-light drive from the 2300AD RPG makes a reasonable in-system maneuver drive.
- A Stutterwarp Adaptation for Traveller (Tod Glenn) A modification of the 2300AD Stutterwarp to fit better within the standard Traveller framework.
- Traveller for the 21st Century (John Snead) Updating the feel of Traveller, while keeping it Traveller
- Getting Around In Traveller (Frank Miskevich) Cost reduction for getting from here to there
Tweaking the Jump Drive
(Ken Pick) A discussion of how the Jump Drive has been modified to make it more useful to players.
- Shared Tweaks Specific examples of modifying the Jump Drive.