The 280-ton CN/G Transport is a common jump capable cargo container transport between star systems. The ship's jump-2 capability allows for delivery of goods to 80% of the known systems along normal trade routes and commercial lines.
The CN/G Transport carries on the outside of its triangular hull 3 rectangular shaped containers totaling 10,409 tons. The cargo containers may be part of a depot, space station, joined together side by side as a lab or left in space in between systems for those starships that cannot jump as far as is needed to reach designated systems. All space depots are guarded by some form of defense, and are not free for the taking; supplies and fuel must be purchased, as well as delivered by larger freighters.
Though the ship does not have a cargo hold, any open space may be used to store goods. The transport is equipped with 4 robotic tentacles, which allows it to load and unload cargo containers more effectively and 4 extra air locks for access to the containers. The containers are held in place by magnetic plates, which are attached around the docking ports. The containers can be recharged while in transit via couplings once docked.
- Craft Id
- CN/G Transport, Type TT, TL 16, MCr 247.187; Prototype Model, Commercial cost = MCr 197.750, Architects fee: MCr 2.471
- 252/628, Disp = 280, Config = 7U, Armor = 40G, Unloaded = 2,699tons, Loaded = 2,853tons*
*(With loaded Cargo CN/G x 3 @ 10,409 tons = 13,262 tons)
*(With unloaded Cargo CN/G x 3 @ 2,952 tons = 5,805 tons)
- 11/14 Fusion = 2,103Mw, Duration = 18/54
- 30/40, thrusters @ 880tns, 36/48, Jump = 2 @ 880tns, (Thrust = 15,000 tons.)
= 0.13 speed with 3 "loaded" CN/G containers, NOE = 200 (V), Cruise = 117kph (V), Top = 156kph (V)
= 1.58 speed with 3 "unloaded" CN/G containers, NOE = 200 (V), Cruise = 1,314kph (V), Top = 1,751kph (V)
Agility = 0
- System (1,000AU)
- Active EMS = Far Orbit, Passive EMS = Interstellar, Densitometer = High Pen 25km, Neutrino = 1kw, Neural = Dist, Environ, Magnetic = V.Dist, Passive Audio Sensor = Dist, Active Audio Pinger = Distant, ActObjScan =Rout, ActObjPin =Rout, PassObjScan =Rout, PassObjPin =Rout, PassEngScan =Simple, PassEngPin =Rout
- Hardpoint = 2
Beam Laser Gun x 2, ROF = 40 ea = 80
Pen/Atten Dmg Max Rng Auto Tgts Dngr Sp Sig 49/4 60 Reg (125) 3 Lo
- DefDM = 6, Point Defense Targeting x 2, Smoke Discharger, Anti-Laser Aerosol, Prismatic Aerosol, Sandcaster
- Computer 5 x 3, Control Panels = Basic Mech x 30, Electronic x 30, Dynamic Linked x 20, Holographic Linked x 20, Special Control Panel Add-Ons = Heads-up Display x 2, Heads-up HoloDisplay x 2, Environ = Basic Env, Basic LS, Ext. LS, Grav Plates, Air Locks x 5, Inertial Compensators, Video Recorder, Holorecorder TL_16, Robotic Tentacle x 6
- Crew = 4, (Bridge = 2, Engineering = 1, Gunner x 1), Bunks x 2, Small Staterooms x 2
- Cargo = 0kliters, Fuel = 2200kliters, ObjSize = Average, EMLevel = Moderate
The container type CN/G is the largest container used in space for various worlds. This specific container is usually carried aboard massive freighters and cargo vessels above 5,000 tons. The cargo door is electronically sealed before space travel, and retracts up and away as a roll-up door to allow access. Locking clamps, bars, and ropes hold cargo in place.
This container can also be transported by the CN/G Transport Ship, which carries three containers in a triangular formation around the outside of the hull. This container is frequently used as a supply depot in deep space, along frequently used travel lanes, where normal jump distances are inadequate for reaching vital worlds. When used as a supply depot, many containers are placed together and are usually defended by fighters which use a container as a hanger, by mines, and/or by large military ships on patrol. Some containers are fitted with personnel, and/or communications for contacting reinforcements.
The hull has extra armor to allow containers to be unloaded and loaded in space without damage to its contents. The cargo container may be recharged in transit while attached to the CN/F Transport, or aboard any large ship.
- Craft Id
- Cargo Container, Type WU, Tl 16, MCr 32.852, Prototype Model, Commercial Cost = MCr 26.281
- 180/450, Disp = 200, Config = 4 Rectangular, Armor 50H, Unloaded = 984 tons, Loaded = 3,468 tons
- 1/2, Batteries = 7.92Mw, Duration = 30/90
- DefDM = 1
- Basic Mechanical x 100, Electronic x 100,
- Cargo=2,484Kliters (184 tons), Object Size = Average, EMM =faint