As you grow up, you learn what your society expects of you in terms of behavior, both in ordinary situations and on special occasions. When you travel, you often automatically assume that those same expectations hold everywhere - and equally often, you discover the hard way that they don't. These articles explore some of the customs and cultural expectations that you will find in and around the Imperium.
- Valentine Rose (Nick Munn) This lecture from Sylea University provides some insight into the origins of a widespread custom of proclaiming romantic interest.
- Vilani Names (Jeff Zeitlin) An overview of naming practices among one of the major influential cultures in the Traveller milieu.
- Vargr Merd (Timothy Collinson) A Vargr delicacy, occasionally transplanted
Slice of Life
(Mike Cross) A look at various parts of day-to-day life in Terra-Sol Games's Twilight Sector setting
- Smoking in the Twilight Sector (Mike Cross) Not always looked down on...
- Synth-Meat (Mike Cross) Meat isn't murder when it's "lab-riculture", not agriculture
- Gloop (Mike Cross) A staple of life that's underappreciated
- Medievalist Society (Mike Cross) Who says you can't live in the past?
- Highways and Traffic Grids (Mike Cross) Reconsidering the Sunday drive...
- Pets in the 30th Century (Mike Cross) Man's Best Friend taken to a whole new level.
- Holographic and Immersive Technology (Mike Cross) When Virtual Reality isn't real enough
- Living Space in the 30th Century (Mike Cross) Be it ever so humble... or not... there's still no place like home.
- The Dole (Mike Cross) When the safety net becomes a hammock
- The 30th Century Internet (Mike Cross) When 'having your head in the cloud' takes on a whole new meaning
- Technology's Effect on the 30th Century Fa... (Mike Cross) "Family Planning" takes on a whole new dimension - or more.
- The Mutant Question: Psionics (Mike Cross) Everyday psions
- Cloning Technologies (Mike Cross) A whole new meaning for "body shop".