The RICE Archives
The RICE Archives are a series of articles published under the ægis of the Regency Institute for Cultural Education. These papers discuss aspects of the culture of the Regency (formerly the Domain of Deneb), and are classified under this heading if no more appropriate heading within Freelance Traveller can be determined. (Articles from the RICE Archives that do fall under other headings will have entries in both locations.) It is recommended that visitors to the RICE Archives read the Introduction, the guide to interpreting RICE Papers and the Letter from the RICE Trustees to gain an understanding of the structure and purpose of the RICE Papers, and of the history of the RICE.
Articles from the RICE Archives, regardless of their classification within Freelance Traveller, will be indicated by the top level title "Freelance Traveller/The RICE Archives" and the "ringed sun" logo containing the stylized flame. This, the symbol of the RICE, represents both the Imperial heritage of the Regency, and the promise made in the final communication with the rest of Imperial space prior to the Collapse, "We keep the flame."
- Introduction to the RICE Archives (0) (Jeff Zeitlin) An overview of the history and purpose of RICE.
- Interpreting the RICE UWP Profile (0-A)
- Letter from the RICE Trustees (0-B)
- Deneb (AP-01262) (Alvin Plummer) A look at the sector capital.
- Glisten (JZ-01224) (Jeff Zeitlin) A look at one of the premier shipbuilding centers of the Regency.
- Iper'mar Nomads (Alvin Plummer) A closer look at a nomadic culture that has made themselves at home in space.
- Nutema (JZ-02358) (Jeff Zeitlin) Here be dragons - and people who can manage them.
- Common Languages of the Regency (Jeff Zeitlin) An overview of the languages spoken Behind the Claw.
- Extending The UWP
Articles in this section discuss generating details for one code in the
standard Universal World Profile.
- Government (Jeff Zeitlin and Glenn Grant) The government code from the UWP doesn't tell the whole story.
- Starports (Jeff Zeitlin) A starport is more than fuel and fixups.
- Population - The Universal Social Interaction Profile (Thad Coons) An easy way to generate and describe the general characteristics of social dynamics of a group.