When the sportsman thinks of Biter, they think in terms of the Pineleaper, the Corazon Greenhugger, and the Night Dwelling Narsisus. They think crafty game animals that test the mettle of the best hunter.
Navy Captain Count Lethridge Wooblestien, the Governor General has taking advantage of his Lunion and Ling standard connections and set out to help develop Biter as a sportsman's destination He convinced the Biter Sprachtmoot to set aside the unsettled Nordland Territoies as an hunting reserve, he brokered out of developemnt funds the underwriting for commercial loans to start up safari companies purchase of System Safari ships AND he talked LSP into dusting off plans for the High Transport Liner and through use of loans from Biter, the Development Bank of Lunion, personal funds and Imperial Aid funds saw the building of two of them, with options for further models.
The Haukur Veiðimaður Yfir Tré is the first completed System Safari ship completed -- actually built at the old Biter Highport. She is capable of 2 Gee acceleration, carries 12 passengers in High passage luxury, as well as guides, drivers, stewards to provide for their needs. In deference to the thick canopy, the Haukur carries four Air/Raft and assigns one guide per Air/Raft The guides are the four carried extra crewmen. She and a companion System Safari boat will mate their schedules to a High Liner bringing patrons from Lunion to Biter.
The sort of person who prefers to travel middle class let alone low can't afford a hunting safari, so the High Liner makes no effort to cater to the middle passenger. Taking two jumps to travel to Biter and as well as the two to jump back the high liner can transport 24 passengers the passengers for two Sytem Safaris in opulent luxury. Carrying a supercargo chef, gunnery and hunting instructor as room for two assistant or aides to party members.
With 2 + 2 fuel, the High Liner need only drop out of Jump long enough to realign her generators and lay in the next jump and so she actually spends less time in Adabicco space then even a LASH freight might. Despite spending virtually all her real space time in essense under the protective cover of the terminus at each end where she refuels, takes on supplies and transfers passengers to her associated Safari ships she carries tow gunners and mounts two mixed turrets. The gunners double as extra stewards.
Physically the Ör af Lunion and her sisters consist of two domes with a lounge in the center and a ring of 12 passenger cabins and a steward's cabin around it. Beneath and between them are a boom with modules containing the rest of the ships services and quarters.
Haukur Veiðimaður Yfir Tré Safari Ship
PP-2102331-230000-20002-0 MCr 81.730 200 Tons Bat Bear 1 1 1 Crew: 8 Bat 1 1 1 TL: 15
Cargo: 55.000 Passengers: 12 Fuel: 12.000 EP: 6.000 Agility: 2
Craft: 4 x 4T AirRaft
Fuel Treatment: Fuel Scoops and On Board Fuel Purification
Architects Fee: MCr 0.817 Cost in Quantity: MCr 65.384
- 200.000 tons standard, 2,800.000 cubic meters, Needle/Wedge Configuration
- Engineer, 2 Stewards, Medic, Gunner, 4 Other Crew
- Jump-0, 2G Maneuver, Power plant-3, 6.000 EP, Agility 2
- Bridge, Model/3 Computer
- 1 Hardpoint
- 1 Triple Mixed Turret with: 1 Pulse Laser (Factor-2), 1 Missile Rack (Factor-2).
- 1 Single Sandcaster Turret in 1 Battery (Factor-3), Armoured Hull (Factor-2)
- 4 4.000 ton AirRafts (Crew of 0)
- 4.000 Tons Fuel (0 parsecs jump and 60 days endurance), On Board Fuel Scoops, On Board Fuel Purification Plant
- 17.0 Staterooms, 55.000 Tons Cargo
- MCr 82.547 Singly (incl. Architects fees of MCr 0.817), MCr 65.384 in Quantity
- CONSTRUCTION TIME
- 57 Weeks Singly, 46 Weeks in Quantity
Ör af Lunion High Liner
PP-4721242-030000-20002-0 MCr 175.504 400 Tons Bat Bear 2 2 2 Crew: 13 Bat 2 2 2 TL: 15
Cargo: 29.000 Passengers: 24 Fuel: 168.000 EP: 8.000 Agility: 1 Pulse
Craft: 2 x 1T Ait/raft
Backups: 1 x Model/3 Computer 1 x Bridge
Architects Fee: MCr 1.755 Cost in Quantity: MCr 140.403
- 400.000 tons standard, 5,600.000 cubic meters, Dispersed Structure Configuration
- Pilot, Engineer, 3 Stewards, Medic, 2 Gunners, 4 Other Crew
- Jump-2, 1G Manuever, Power plant-2, 8.000 EP, Agility 1
- Bridge, Model/4 Computer
1 Backup Bridge, 1 Model/3 Backup Computer
- 2 Hardpoints
- 2 Triple Mixed Turrets each with: 1 Pulse Laser (Factor-2), 1 Missile Rack (Factor-2).
- 2 Single Sandcaster Turrets in 2 Batteries (Factor-3)
- 2 1.000 ton Ait/rafts (Crew of 0)
- 164.000 Tons Fuel (4 parsecs jump and 30 days endurance)
- 31.0 Staterooms, 29.000 Tons Cargo
- MCr 177.259 Singly (incl. Architects fees of MCr 1.755), MCr 140.403 in Quantity
- CONSTRUCTION TIME
- 82 Weeks Singly, 65 Weeks in Quantity