Chauchat-class Close Escort
The following is excerpted from Merchants and Patrol Ships of the Third Imperium:
Chauchat Close Escort, CE-14 (LSP prototype-B)
CE-14 (LSP proto-B) CHAUCHAT CE-4144551-400000-45100-0 MCr 349.468 400 tons batteries bearing 221 Crew=12 batteries 221 TL=14 Passengers=0. Low=0. Cargo=4. Fuel=183. EP=20. Agility=0. Marines=0
- 400 tons (standard), 5600 cubic meters.
- 4 officers, 8 ratings
- Jump 4, 4-G, Power Plant 5, 20 EP, Agility 0.
- Model/5 computer.
- 4 hardpoints.
- One twin fusion gun turret (factor 5x2), One particle accelerator barbette (factor 1), Two triple beam laser turrets (factor 4x2).
- Armored hull (factor 4)
- 20-ton gig.
- 184 tons, on board scoops and purification plant.
- MCr 349.468 standard.
- Const. Time
- 16 months.
- Chauchat (named after a light machine gun used by one of the nations on the winning side of the First Terran World War) was a single prototype of a particle accelerator armed close escort built by Ling Standard Products at the request of the Imperial Navy as a possible alternative to the Carronade, Gazelle, and Fiery classes. The Chauchat class was ultimately rejected for series production and the single prototype was sold to a small family owned weapons research firm (that we dare not name) for use as a weapons and power plant test bed. Chauchat was last seen under the command of one of the younger female members of the owning family. If anyone sights the Chauchat, they are to please notify the Imperial authorities, as they are becoming very, very, very worried.
Armed Gig (Imperial Data Package-TL13/14 design).
GG (IDP13/14) EB-0106B21-000000-20000-0 MCr 27.65 20 tons Agility=6 one battery Crew=1. TL=13/14 Passengers=7..Emergency Low Berths=3 (for 12). Cargo=2. Fuel=2.2.
- 20 tons (standard), 280 cubic meters.
- 6-G, Power Plant , 2.2 EP, Agility 6.
- Model/2 Computer.
- Beam laser (factor 2).
- 2.2 tons, on board scoops.
- MCr 27.65
- Const. Time
- 24 weeks individually, 19 weeks and 2 days in quantity
- Standard unit designed by the Imperial Bureau of Naval Construction and adopted for use on the Cobra, Carronade, Gazelle, and Fiery classes of escorts.
- One of these standard gigs was carried on the Chauchat.